You are invited to participate in the development of the new TIP. Refer to the timeline to the right for upcoming milestones, meetings, and events and their associated documents. For questions, contact Ali Kleyman, TIP Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 857.702.3709.
September to December: Gather information about possible projects from member municipalities, the public, and our own staff
Mid-December to March: Analyze, evaluate, and select projects based on our criteria and factors such as project cost, project readiness, regional distribution of funding, and other planning priorities and constraints
April to May: Incorporate feedback from municipalities and the public and agree on final list of transportation construction projects to program with federal funding
Submitting Projects for Funding in the FFYs 2019–23 TIP
A Municipal TIP contact is responsible for communicating with MPO staff about TIP project-related matters. MPO Staff has created several resources to guide TIP contacts and project proponents through the initiation of a project, advancing it through the MassDOT design process, getting it evaluated by the MPO, and getting it funded on the TIP:
- To review key information and to submit the data that the MPO needs in order to evaluate a project, see the Project Proponent Questionnaire.
- For a step-by-step overview of the TIP Process, review the TIP How-To Presentation.
Important Updates: October 2017
- MassDOT’s project intake process is changing. In order to be considered for TIP funding, a project must be approved by MassDOT. To streamline project approval, MassDOT is launching the Massachusetts Project Intake Tool (MaPIT), a web-based application that will replace Project Need and Project Initiation Forms. This change is expected to take place in early October. For more information, see this flyer.
- If you’d like to refer to information related to last year’s TIP development (FFYs 2018―22), see the TIP Development Archive page.
MPO’s TIP Tables, Database, and Resources:
- TIP Database
- Current TIP tables (pdf) (html)
- Project Proponent Questionnaire
- TIP How-To Presentation
Massachusetts Department of Transportation Project References:
Federal Funding Programs:
- Fixing America's Surface Transportation (FAST) Act Fact Sheets
- Federal Transit Administration (FTA) Transit Funding Grants
- Guide To Federal-Aid Programs And Projects
- Congestion Mitigation And Air Quality Improvement Program (CMAQ)
- Highway Safety Improvement Program (HSIP)
- Surface Transportation Block Grant Program (STBG)
- Transportation Alternatives Program (TAP)